Monday, June 30, 2008

here's an equation for you

mommy in shower + toddler roaming free + ink pen + couch = Um, yeah. Not. good.


Seems that from now on I'll either be showering only when he sleeps or locking him in the bathroom with me. After I had done my workout video this afternoon I put on Jonathan's Elmocize video to keep him occupied while I showered. Or so I thought. It's worked in the past, but I guess today he was just bored. Or mad at me because I wouldn't let him come in the shower. Either way, once I got out of the shower he came back in the bathroom & was trying to play with the bathtub faucets, etc. and I noticed that he had what appeared to be ink on his arm. I was a little confused as I hadn't had a pen out at all today. It hit me all of a sudden that he'd found a pen somewhere & had done Lord only knows what with it. My first thought was that he'd colored on the walls; oh don't I wish. As you can tell from the photos, he decided that the couch looked like a great place to color! Ack! After a minor freak out on my part, I called my mom to ask her sage advice. She recommended using alchohol & that has worked pretty well. Dad googled "ink on microfiber" for me and came up with this great site. I was hoping the straight alchohol would work, but it looks like I'll be making another pit stop at the store tomorrow for some hand sanitizer. I could have sworn that I had some, but of course I can't find it now.

Oy vey... a new phase has begun. Honestly, I'm surprised it's taken this long to get here.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ouch *big wince*. I just don't know what to say about that. Eeek.

laurel said...

My condolences!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...