Monday, October 18, 2010

first beach trip

Last weekend Chris’ cousin was kind enough to get married on the beach. Sounds like a great excuse for a vacation to me! Saturday morning we hit the road with Chris’ parents, grandmother and aunt. Our two car caravan made the 7+ hour drive with a few stops. I had never been to Wrightsville Beach, NC before, and it was beautiful!

Jboy had never been to the beach and I was really curious to see how he’d like it. He’s not really one who likes to get dirty (he’s like his mommy) so I wasn’t sure how he’d do with all of the sand. He loved it though! I often joke that I have the ocean in my veins since I was born in California, so I was very happy that he liked it.

Here is the view from our hotel room. Gorgeous!
IMG_99084x6web

Jboy and his cousin, Aiden.
IMG_99294x6web

Ahhhh, feet in the sand! Not much feels better, in my opinion.
IMG_99884x6web

He loved the water, at first. Every wave that would come he’d get so excited. Then, all of a sudden he decided he was scared. This, is obviously before he was scared. :)
IMG_00374x6web

This, unfortunately, is the best picture I have of him playing in the sand. The sun was in his eyes and he was making some sort of weird “cheese” face, but you get the idea. Ha.
IMG_00904x6web

We had a wonderful time & the weather was perfect! Hopefully we can take another trip next year. I would love it if both sides of the family could plan a trip together soooo…. let’s all start saving up, shall we! ;)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Too cute! I am jealous.

I haven't been to a beach in 7 years.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...