Sunday, March 11, 2007

A great day

Today was a great day, it was a "me" day. Chris had to go into the office today, so I dropped Jonathan off at Chris' parents house and went off gallivanting. I had a few errands I needed to run, and then I decided while I was out that I'd do some shopping too. I have to admit, it was really nice to just be out & about by myself. I went from store to store & didn't have to worry about lugging the infant carrier in and out of the car. My little boy is HEAVY I tell ya. He's almost 17 pounds, then you add the weight of the carrier & it's almost more than I can handle. We're about to the point of just taking him out of the carrier & putting him in the cart or stroller; or carrying him of course. I also went and had a manicure & pedicure today. I hadn't had either since August! That's terrible! The pedicure was wonderful, but the manicure wasn't the best, unfortunately. I went in there with relatively long fingernails, and came out with nubs!!! He didn't even ask me if I wanted them shorter or anything, he just started filing, and before I knew it they were gone. ;o( I guess I won't be going there again. There's a really good salon near our house, so I'll try them next.

BIG NEWS!!!!! Jonathan's first tooth broke through the gums today! Can you believe it? Where, oh where, has my little boy gone? I'm going to try and get a picture of it, but any time you pull his lip down to see it, he sticks his tongue in the way, the little stinker. About the only time you can get a good look is when he's crying and, well, I don't really want to promote that. I'm sure you understand.

As for being sick, he seems to be doing much better. We're down to just one breathing treatment a day, and will be weaning him completely this week. The amoxicillin has quite the unpleasant side effect. I won't go into too many details, I'll just say this, he has quite a diaper rash & had to have an "emergency" bath tonight. You fill in the rest.

I really want to work on getting him to nap in his crib during the day. I'm not sure what the difference is for him; but at night he sleeps in there NO PROBLEM. He'll sleep for 8-10 hours at a time, but put him in there during the day for a nap & the best you'll get is 30 minutes. Then he'll cry till you go get him.... and sleep in your arms for like 2 hours!!!! It's hard to get anything done like that. I know I just need to be more diligent & consistent... so any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, I need to go to bed. The clocks move forward an hour tonight, so I'm losing out on sleep the longer I sit here....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...