Tuesday, August 31, 2010

first day of school

In some ways it feels like the summer took forever, and in others it completely flew by. Either way, it’s over. Today was Jboy’s first day of school! He’s been talking about it all month, and we even have a calendar in his room that we’ve been marking off every day until today. He loves the calendar so much, and marking off the days, I bought a more permanent one so we can keep it up.

I seriously can’t believe how big/old he looks in these pictures. There is no trace of baby left in him. This makes me very sad.

(please forgive the quality of the pics, my photoshop wasn’t working tonight for some reason so I wasn’t able to edit.)IMG_9827
IMG_9829
IMG_9832
IMG_9839 
Gracious he looks so grown up!

Our day got off to a bit of a rough start. While giving Jboy his bath this morning I accidentally whapped him in the mouth with a pitcher I was using to rinse him off. His gum bled a little bit, but after a bit of crying, he seemed fine. I was taking his picture a little later and thought one of his front teeth looked a little lower or something. After some investigation I realized that his front, left tooth was loose! I wasn’t really sure what to do, so I gave him some Motrin for the pain & took him to school. The more I thought about it, the more worried I became. Chris had a dentist appointment this morning so I had him ask them what we should do. The basically said we need to wait it out and keep an eye on it, but if we were concerned we could bring him in & they’d look at it. I decided I really wanted them to take a look, so I took him in this afternoon. She looked at it, took an x-ray and said she feels fairly confident that it’s going to fall out. Nooooo! She said there’s still a chance that it will tighten back up on its own, but that she thinks it’s loose enough to fall out. She thinks it could take a couple of weeks for it to happen so just watch it for infection & don’t mess with it. I really don’t want to think about my little man walking around without one of his front teeth for like two years, so I’m praying that it will tighten back up. I know there are for worse things in the world than a child missing a tooth, but I still don’t want him to lose it. And the fact that it’s my fault makes it all the worse.

Other than that little snafu, the rest of the day went really well. He loves his new class & teachers. I’m really looking forward to what this new year holds for us!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SO handsome! Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...