Monday, March 28, 2011

jboy’s obsession

My child is obsessed with these Banana Muffins. I mean seriously, the recipe makes about 18 muffins & out of the last batch I think I ate 4. They are super good, though, so who can blame him.

It had been a couple of weeks since I’d made them last & he’d been asking me to make more. Who am I to deny the child his obsession? This time he decided to help. 
IMG_1611
Please don’t mind the mismatched pajamas with the shorts on inside out. ;)
IMG_1612
IMG_1615
Next to the muffins, I think he likes this part best.
IMG_1618

The finished product. We made the muffins on Friday, I took this picture today… and these were the last two.
IMG_1642
Again, here’s a link to the recipe that I got off Cathy Zielske’s blog: RECIPE, but just to make things easier I’m going to paste the recipe here too.

Jean Otteson's Banana Bread
(or muffins!)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
8 oz (1 package) Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened at room temp)
2 ripe bananas
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/4 cups of sugar
2-1/4 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Mix oil, sugar, bananas, cream cheese, eggs, vanilla until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Makes 18 muffins.

Each muffin is roughly 180 calories of deliciousness.

Option: sprinkle a little sugar on each muffin before baking to give it a nice little sugar crust.

Option two: Bake two loaves of bread in a greased, floured pan for 40 minutes.

Best eaten warm and often.

Seriously, make these muffins. I promise you won’t regret it. Your waistline might, but you won’t. ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...