Friday, June 24, 2011

let’s go to the movies

It’s a well known fact that I love movies. It’s also a well known fact that I love books. I also happen to love books that have been made into movies. So many people get all caught up in how the movies differ from the books, and how the books are so much better, which is almost always the case. I, however, just love seeing my favorite characters & stories on screen. I try to appreciate the movie as a separate entity.

In the next several months {and years} there are a lot of movies based on books that I’m looking forward to. Here are a few:

HPDH2

 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 
Opens in theaters 7.15.11

Chris and I both have come to really love the world of Harry Potter. Jboy loves the movies too, though we haven’t let him watch Deathly Hallows Part 1 yet, as it’s pretty dark. Though it’s only been in the past few years that we’ve become fans of this series, I know we’re both going to be sad to see it come to an end.

the help

 The Help
Opens in theaters 8.12.11

This book was one of my favorites from last year. Rebecca & I even got to meet the author, Kathryn Stockett & get our copies signed. {You can read my post about it here.}

I am so excited to see this story on the big screen. The book really made me think & I’m sure it will make a great movie. Not to mention it has one of my new favorite actresses, Emma Stone, in it.

breaking dawn

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1
Opens in theaters 11.18.11

You know I had to include this one. My love of all things Twilight is no secret. I’m not ashamed to admit that the first couple of movies in the franchise weren’t the best, but as I said before, I just enjoy seeing my favorite characters on screen. The most recent movie, Eclipse, was the best of the three so far, in my opinion. A lot happens in the last book, Breaking Dawn, so they’ve split it into to movies. It should be interesting to see how it translates on screen.

hunger games

 The Hunger Games
Opens in theaters 3.23.12

I can’t begin to say how excited I am about this movie. This book was another of my favorites from last year. If you haven’t read it yet, I highly recommend that you run out & get it. I’ll wait.

While reading this book I was really hoping that they’d turn it into a movie. It’s such an interesting story & I think it will be awesome on the big screen. They’ve already signed on to make the second & third books in the trilogy into movies too, so we have something to look forward to in the coming years.

Do you enjoy movies based on books? Are there any movies coming out soon that you’re really looking forward to?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...