Saturday, January 03, 2009

i nearly forgot

I nearly forgot to post the pictures from our Christmas get together with Chris' family. Chris' mom & grandma made a great dinner; ham, green beans, potatos, macaroni & cheese, rolls... all the good stuff! After we ate it was time for gifts. Jonathan racked up again, of course. Grammie & Grumpie got Jonathan this great slide! Right now we have it in the playroom, but once it gets warm again we'll move it outside. He loves it!





He also got this cool Geo Trax Airport from Grandma & Bevvy. I tell ya, there's not room for anything else in his playroom. We've already cleaned it out twice & we're on the verge of having to do it again.

Chris' parents bought him a (very much needed) new suit. He's lost a lot of weight over the past year or so; his last suit was a 44 regular & now he's in a 40! I was quite blessed with an AmEx gift card (which I've already used to buy some new jeans & tops) and a gift card to 10Ten Nail Bar. They gave me one for my birthday & I had the. best. pedicure. ever! I can't wait to use it!

And I think our most used gift this year has been the Wii that Chris' grandmother gave us. I swear that might be the best invention since... well, I don't know what. It's amazing. And it gets us up off the couch. Anything that can accomplish that deserves an award of some sort. Mine & Chris' gifts to each other were both games for the Wii. He got Tiger Woods '09, and I got My Fitness Coach. He's been playing his nearly nonstop. I haven't really given mine a try yet; you have to do a fitness evaluation and I just haven't been prepared yet. I kind of played around with it a little on Wednesday, but I didn't have shoes on & nearly hurt myself while doing jumping jacks. How sad is that? I'm really looking forward to using it though as I think it will be a good way to incorporate some different exercises into my routine. Not that I have a routine.... yet. But I'm working on it.

Well, speaking of the Wii... Chris is waiting for me to have a bowling tournament so I'd better get going. I'll be back either later tonight or tomorrow to do a post about New Years. Stay tuned!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alexzillasmama said...

I love that slide! It looks sturdier than the one we still have for Alex since yours has a fort!

I realized tonight that I have seen your cute little guy in pictures only-never in person!
Talk to you soon!
Stephanie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...