Friday, January 14, 2011

for posterity's sake

{also known as something i can use to blackmail him with when he's 16}



When we were first potty training Jboy, we obviously spent a lot of time in the bathroom. One day, while waiting for him to "do his business", I was getting kind of bored so I started chanting "Push it out, shove it out, WAY OUT!" {a la Bill Cosby "Himself"} Well, he apparently really liked this song & now requests it almost any time he needs to... well, you know. He's been potty trained for almost a year now, and about once a day {sometimes more, sometimes less} you'll find us in the bathroom; him sitting on the porcelain throne & me singing "The Poopy Song". Push it out, shove it out, WAY OUT! Sometimes he'll ask me to sing it louder, or faster, depending on his "needs". Occasionally I'll also do a little dance. Suddenly I've never been more thankful that there isn't a camera in our bathroom.

And since we're on the subject of "intestinal" issues... for some reason, of which I am completely unaware, my child calls passing gas "butt smoke"! Where in the heck did he get that from?! I will say I laugh hysterically every time he says it, so I'm sure that doesn't deter him any.

Do your kids have any funny bathroom "routines"? Please say yes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...