Monday, January 17, 2011

what’s for dinner?

Some years ago, in an effort to save money, I started planning out our meals for a week or so at a time. This also helps with the dreaded “What’s for dinner?” conversation. I can just look at the calendar & say… meatloaf muffins, or spaghetti, or… whatever you’re fixing. ;) j/k

Sadly, my repertoire isn’t very big so we tend to have the same meals over and over. {and over} Poor Chris. I made a list some time ago with meal options, sides, etc. and just refer to that as I plan our meals.

In my recent efforts to get more organized {we cleaned out the garage today, stay tuned for pics}, I decided to put together a “meal planning” notebook so everything would be in one place and when it came time to do the menu I could just pull out the notebook & have everything I need.

I printed calendars for the entire year, typed the meal list with pretty fonts, and printed enough copies of our grocery list for the year. {I’ve always been a little OCD about some things and we have a typed grocery list that, before they changed everything around, was in aisle order for the WalMart we shop at.} Then I put it all in a 3-ring binder & made a pretty cover.

Here are some pictures:
 IMG_1046_1 IMG_1058_1IMG_1047_1 IMG_1048_1 IMG_1052_1 IMG_1053_1 IMG_1054_1

It’s already made planning our meals easier. Do you plan your meals ahead of time? How far ahead do you plan?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it Mist!!! But, you always do such a great job on that kind of stuff! You go girl....
Love ya! Mom

Unknown said...

Great job Misti! You have accomplished SO much lately, I am very impressed! I am in "want to" mode. I have a lot of things that I want to do, but am still having a hard time managing my time with our addition. Maybe I should just hire you ;) But as far as menus go, I used to have one and I tried to never have the same thing more than once a month... Then Micah became mobile, and cooking was far from easy. Needless to say supper became more quick and easy.... Now I am a couponer and I cook according to what is on sale, so a lot less planning is done, now more time is spent, clipping, researching, and shopping.

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I wish I was as organised when planning my meals.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...