Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Motivation


As I sit here, I'm watching the Biggest Loser live finale. I am amazed at how much weight the contestants have lost & how wonderful they look. I would love to go on this show, but I don't think I could handle being away from my family for 3 months. Somehow I need to get my rear in gear & do something about my weight. I don't want Jonathan growing up with a fat mommy. I want to be able to play with him, take him to the park and run around, and I don't want him to be ashamed of me when he's around his friends. He may be the motivation that I've always needed. I need to work out a plan & stick with it. I know carbs are a big problem for me, so if I do nothing else I need to work on that. Wish me luck, I may be looking to you all for accountability.

Speaking of Jonathan, (which is all I seem to do lately), we went to the doctor for his 2 month check-up. As of today he weighs 13 lbs 8.5 oz (95%) and is 24" long (90%). He's a big boy! Since his 1 month check-up he's gained 2 pounds and 1/2". Dr. Morgan said that she heard a heart murmur, but she's not too worried about it. Although, since he's had it since birth she wants us to go visit a cardiologist to get it checked out. Chris & I aren't worried about it as we both had murmurs as children and are just fine. So, we go next week to get that checked out. He also had to get 4 shots today. Poor little thing. He did really good though & didn't cry TOO much. He's been a little more fussy today than usual, but that's that's to be expected. Here's a picture of my little man at 2 months old:



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply adorable. YEPPER, I know what you mean about being motivated to lose weight after viewing the show. IT WAS amazing for sure.

BTW, Jonathan is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Simply adorable. YEPPER, I know what you mean about being motivated to lose weight after viewing the show. IT WAS amazing for sure.

BTW, Jonathan is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Simply adorable. YEPPER, I know what you mean about being motivated to lose weight after viewing the show. IT WAS amazing for sure.

BTW, Jonathan is adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...