Monday, December 18, 2006

Saturday & Santa Bubby

Saturday was such a great day. It started off with me meeting Rebecca & Laurel at Archiver's to work on my Christmas cards. I hadn't scrapped in so long, I was worried I'd forgotten how. Although making Christmas cards isn't exactly scrapping, it felt so good to get out & be social and creative. After I finished my cards we all went to lunch at Chili's and had a great time. Apparently you can cover their coasters & make mini-albumns out of them. We decided to swipe the ones on our table, then Rebecca told our server that we were doing a project & asked if we could have some more. By the time we left, she & I both had about 30 coasters! I think the waitress thought we were a little strange but, hey, you gotta do what you gotta do!

After I left the ladies to scrap the rest of the day away, Chris' parents kept Jonathan and we went on a date night. We had such a great time. The plan originally was to go to the movies, but by the time we got to the mall there wouldn't have been much time to get tickets, get snacks & find seats. So we decided to go down to Jillian's to play games & bowl. We had a little competition going on, and in the end Chris won, but I sure kicked his butt at the fighting game & pin ball. We never did bowl, they were very busy & we wouldn't have been able to get a lane until after 9:00. I had been away from my baby all day, so I was ready to get back to him. But we had a really great time just being together. We're definitely going to make it a regular thing. I don't want us to lose touch with one another now that Jonathan is here. We'll just have to make sure to make time for us as a couple. I was his wife long before I was Jonathan's mommy, and I can't forget that.

I can't leave you without a couple of pictures of the boy. My nickname for Jonathan is "bubby", so these are called "Santa Bubby".... I sense a layout title!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute

Anonymous said...

I love that santa hat! Good job on the photo shoot!

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Dad said that bottom one looks like he's singing a christmas carol.

laurel said...

He just keeps getting cuter! It was so nice to get to visit with you for a while.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...