Thursday, August 16, 2007

*insert witty title*... cause I can't think of anything

For some reason it feels like this week is just dragging by. All day Wednesday I kept thinking it was Friday, I wonder why that happens?

Maybe it was because I went out for a *girls night* on Tuesday for Rebecca's birthday, and we don't usually do that during the week. We went to a neat Mediterranean restaurant in Decatur called Cafe Lily and then to Ellen's (Rebecca's momma) house for dessert. A great time was had by all, and Rebecca got some great gifts. I'd have to say her favorite gift was from her momma, these great dishes. Aren't they awesome; they're so Rebecca!

For my birthday, Haley got me the soundtrack to the Broadway musical Miss Saigon. I had seen it for the first time years and years ago and completely fell in love with it; I cried like a baby at the end. It had been a long time since I'd heard the soundtrack, but I've been listening to it almost non-stop. I remember now why I loved it so much. The music is amazing, and the story is so heart wrenching. I've seen a few musicals, but I'd have to say this one is my favorite by far. A close second would have to be Les Miserables, which happens to be Chris' favorite.

Jonathan turned 10 months old on Sunday, he's in the double digits now! He's doing so many new things, it seems like every day he learns something new. He's learned to pull up to standing now, which he does ALL THE TIME! He'll play for a few minutes, then the next thing you know he's standing in the corner where the couch & love seat meet & he'll just stay there until you sit him back down. But it will only be a few minutes before he's back. Also, he said his first word!!! *No* Poor thing, I guess he hears that an awful lot now that he's mobile & into everything. I think he's finally grasping what it means though. It's pretty cute, sometimes, when he's trying to get into something & you tell him "no", he'll sit up, clap & say *no* while shaking his head. I think he can also say *uh-oh*, so his vocabulary is expanding!

Speaking of 10 months old, here's the picture. Isn't he just the sweetest thing ever?



Well, it seems like there was more I wanted to say, but now I can't remember what it was. So, I guess I'll just go to bed & try to get some sleep. I've not been sleeping too well lately, but hopefully that will remedy itself soon. Nighty night.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

*sniff sniff* another thing I missed out on in celebrating Rebecca's birthday........

laurel said...

I've been feeling the same way this week. Everyday I'd think I was further along in the week than I was. Thank God it's Friday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...