Friday, November 11, 2011

11.11.11

I couldn't really come up with anything to post today {or yesterday either, obviously}, so I decided to steal Becky Jo's idea and tell you 11 random things about myself in honor of 11/11/11.

1. I'm kind of obsessed with the TV show C.O.P.S. If it's on, I'm watching it. Love it!

2. My favorite book of all time is Pretense by Lori Wick. I've read it who knows how many times & could pick it up again right now & be caught up in it immediately.

3. In my 35 years on this earth I've lived in no less than 18 homes. I think there are more, but those are the ones I can come up with off the top of my head.

4. It's really hard to come up with 11 things and I'm only on #4. That's sad.

5. In Junior High everyone had to take band & play an instrument. I really wanted to play the flute because it was the instrument the pretty, popular girls played. I got stuck with the trumpet.

6. I have never been out of the country & don't even have a passport. One day I hope to change that. I'd love to visit Ireland, England, Italy, Greece... the list goes on.

7. If I could have any superpower, I would choose invisibility. No question. I'll be the first to tell you that I'm super nosy, so I'd love to be able to just go around & see what people are doing & talking about.

8. For some reason I used to think that if I slept with socks on, or on my back that I'd have nightmares. I have no idea where this came from, but I still have a hard time going to sleep on my back.

9. I'm really bad at math. Really bad. Yet somehow I worked in the accounting department of a large power tool company.

10. I've never really been one to use foul language. {Other than a period in Jr. High when I thought it was "cool" to do so.} However, when I was about three years old I said the grand-daddy of all bad words. My dad was in the Navy, and we were having Easter dinner with a bunch of my parents' friends when I, in my pretty little Easter dress, piped up and said, "Would please pass the effing ribs?". Except, you know, I didn't say "effing". I would be mortified if Jonathan did that!

11. I have never been able to do a cartwheel. I've tried countless times {not any time recently, mind you} but have never succeeded.

So. There you have it. 11 random things about me you probably didn't care to know. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How fun! Other than the facts I've only lived in 3 homes, we have ALOT in common. I am awful at math! It's the reason I quit college after only 2 years! I would SO be invisible too, Stacy laughs at me for choosing that. I also have a very clean vocab, and believe it or not I taught PE for 4 years.... I taught children to do cartwheels, but no matter what I CAN NOT do one myself :-(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...