Monday, November 07, 2011

a little DIY goodness



I just sort of assume by now that everyone has heard of Pinterest. I seriously spend entirely too much time there every day. The ideas, pictures & funny quotes are just so much fun! {If you want to check out my boards & follow me you can click the "Follow My Pins" button in my sidebar.}


A couple of weeks ago I came across this super cute idea for a DIY message board. I couldn't resist making one to put on the door that leads to our garage. I'm notorious for being forgetful, so any little thing helps. Especially when it's pretty. ;)


I didn't take any step-by-step pics as it's pretty self explanatory. I bought a frame at the Dollar Tree and painted it white. Then I made a pretty background in Photoshop Elements, but you could certainly use fabric, scrapbook paper, or whatever you'd like. Slip the background in the frame & viola! A pretty message board. The glass acts as a dry erase board!








I used my new favorite thing Command Picture Hanging Strips to hang it on the door. It's also cute to use for messages to loved ones. ;)

If you've made something like this or... well anything... send me a link! I'd love to see!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...