Monday, November 03, 2008

I felt 14 all over again

Last week, Haley, her friend Brandi and I went to see New Kids on the Block in concert. Back in the day I was a HUGE fan of theirs. We're talking posters plastered all over my room, sheets & pillowcases with their pictures, obsession! Sadly, I was never able to see them in concert back then & always said that if they ever did a reunion tour I was going. Well, you can only imagine how thrilled I was when they announced earlier this year that they were doing just that! I was able to buy tickets during a pre-sale for AmEx holders & we got pretty good seats. It said on the ticket "No cameras or recording devices" and, being the rule follower that I am, I didn't bring my camera. I'm so kicking myself now because there were people with cameras all over the place. I snapped some pics with my camera phone, but they're pretty crappy.

Anyhoo.... the concert was AMAZING!!! I can't even begin to put into words how good it was. By far the best show I've ever been to. And, as we know, I've been to several (Clay Aiken 7 times, Garth Brooks twice and many more!). I have never been in a place that loud before in my life! I could barely hear when it was all said & done.

They definitely put on a great show! Of course they did a lot of old stuff, but they did a lot of new stuff too & it was really good! When they first came out... the energy in the arena was crazy! Everyone (myself included of course) was screaming and jumping up & down; I honestly don't even remember what song they opened with I was so excited. I swear I felt like I was 14 again!

By the end of the night my throat was sore from all of the screaming & singing. If I'd had the money, I would've totally driven to Charlotte to see them perform the next night.

At some point they mentioned their new found love for Waffle House & announced that they planned to go to one after the show. Soooo, Haley, Brandi & I waited around outside looking for their bus for about 45 minutes, until their former bodyguard, "Bubba", came out and said that they'd already left. So, what did we do next? Yep, we drove around to a few Waffle Houses looking for them! Yes, I'm 32 years old & I was driving around at 1:00 in the morning looking for New Kids on the Block. Sadly, we didn't find them. We drove to 3 WH's to no avail. What's worse is that the next day I went on their message board & found out that we'd only been a few exits away from where they were. ;o/ AND... Haley & Brandi drove right by it on their way home. Oh well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. ;o)

If they go on tour again, I'll definitely be there. And I'll be more diligent in stalking them after the show!!! LOL

Here are some of my (crappy) cell phone pics:

The view of the stage from our seats:

The boys

Joe McIntyre (on the JumboTron)

Jordan with his shirt open (on the JumboTron)


I also got some video, but I haven't uploaded them on YouTube yet. Haley doesn't want me to post a couple of them because you can hear her singing. Hmmm, we'll see what happens. She got some better pictures with her phone, so hopefully she'll send them to me soon & I'll post them.

Well, I'd better get to bed. Jonathan & I have a play date tomorrow morning.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...