Tuesday, August 25, 2009

day one: success!

Today was Jboy's first day of school. Ever. He's been so excited to go ever since we were there to sign him up & they let him play with cars while I filled out paperwork. Cars? That's all he needed to know!

After much searching we decided to enroll him at Bright Beginnings Preschool at First Baptist Church Loganville. At this stage in his life I wasn't quite as concerned with how much he'll be learning, but more about the social interaction he'll get. Also I think the structure will be great & learning to respect authority that's not Mommy & Daddy.

He got up, had a good breakfast of oatmeal & was ready to hit the road. I of course had to make sure that we got a few pictures to celebrate this special day. Thankfully he was being mostly cooperative.

When we dropped him off at his class he just walked right in & didn't look back. I'm so thankful that he's not afraid to leave us behind & try new things. My friends & I joke that I have a heart of stone because I don't cry at events that would bring most to tears. That was proved today when I didn't cry. I felt a little teary a time or two, but I held it together. I know this is going to be a good thing for both of us.

The time finally came to pick him up & he was happy to see us {thankfully} and he'd had a great time. He's really looking forward to going back tomorrow.

Here are a few pics from the big day:

Big boy ready for school.

Sweet feet.

As expected, he fell asleep on the way home.


I'm sure tomorrow will be just as much fun.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...