Thursday, August 13, 2009

I know, I know....

I deserve a slap on the back of the head hand for being such a cruddy blogger. But to beg for forgiveness I'll post a few pics. That's all the parents care about anyway, right?

These two are from a cool park in Pinehurst/Southern Pines, NC. We were up there last week for a wedding. It turned into a longer than expected trip, but I'll go into that in a minute.



Here's Jboy & his cousin Aiden pretending to be Indians. They had a tee pee & everything!

This is their version of "HOW"! I'm not sure if real Native Americans ever actually said "HOW", but if they did, I'm positive they didn't say it whilst eating tortilla chips. Nor did they have big yellow flashlights. I might have to check my Encyclopedia on that last one though.


So, what's been going on. How about some bullets to make things easy...

* Chris' cousin, Lindsay, got married on 8/1 in Southern Pines, NC. It was a beautiful wedding. Thankfully Jboy fell asleep right before it started as I was quite concerned that he would start yelling for Aiden when he saw him coming down the aisle.

* Unfortunately, things took a turn for the worse at the reception. The festivities were pretty much over when Chris' grandmother started feeling ill. For a little background, she's been taken to the emergency room 3 times since March, before the reception. Each time we thought it was her heart. However, she'd had every test known to man & they could find nothing wrong. So, she starts feeling bad at the reception & was becoming unresponsive. Thankfully Chris' cousin Susan is a nurse so she was there to help. An ambulance was called & she was taken to the hospital. In the ambulance her heart rate was 30! A person her age should have a heart rate between 60-80 I think. Anyway, this hospital has some of the best cardiologists in the country. It was determined that she needed a pacemaker. The doctor said that even with all the test she'd had done they wouldn't have been able to see the problem unless she was still in the midst of an "episode" when she got to the ER. Thankfully now that she has the pacemaker she's feeling much better & should be like new in just a few weeks.

* Jboy starts preschool in just under 2 weeks! He'll be going three days a week, Tue/Wed/Thurs, from 9:30a to 12:30p. He is so excited! Since his birthday falls after the cutoff he'll be in the 2 year old class, so he'll be one of the oldest. His teacher is coming over tomorrow morning to meet him. I think it's really cool that they do that so the child recognizes them at school.

* Potty training is going... well, it's going. He does really well sometimes, then others he has no interest. I'm trying to think of some other incentives besides Skittles. We may go with stickers or something for a bit & see how that goes.

Well, I think that's all I've got for now.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rach said...

we switched to the sticker chart too. And I bought him a really big toy and told him when he filled the sticker chart, he could have the big toy. We talked about it everyday and it helped get us over that hump.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...