Sunday, March 28, 2010

i don't want to jinx it...

but I think we have officially been admitted into the "potty-trained" club.



Admission to this club was hard to come by, as they have very strict standards. After months {and months} of applying, we finally got our acceptance letter this week. Thankfully, the club understands the capabilities of its members, and is willing to allow a few "accidents" without kicking us out. We look forward to the day when we receive our official club badge {or whatever}.

Over the summer we began the potty training process & Jboy caught on pretty quickly. For about 3 weeks he was going on the potty {for pee, anyway} pretty exclusively. Then school started. I guess with the change in schedule & trying to get used to the new environment, the pottying went by the wayside. I'll fully admit that I should've re-started the process a lot sooner, but I... well, there's not really any excuse, I just didn't. So, a few weeks ago I decided it was time to begin again. We pretended that we'd never done it before & just started from scratch. Jboy spent a lot of time nekkid and we'd set the timer for about 30 minutes & every time it beeped he'd sit on the potty. We'd party like crazy if he went & he'd get Skittles or m&ms. Then we graduated to wearing big boy undies around the house & so on.

Monday the only thing we had to do was run an errand to WalMart, so I let him wear undies while we were out. I was pretty apprehensive about it & probably asked him 90 times during our 30 minute visit if he needed to pee. He stayed dry the whole time. I thought about sending him to school in undies on Tuesday, but chickened out. I hated the thought of the teachers having to change his clothes & deal with the mess if he had an accident.

Wednesday morning rolls around and as I'm getting him ready for school I realize we're out of pullups. Ack! The only one we had was in his school bag with his change of clothes. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I just told him we were out of diapers & that he had to wear big boy undies to school. We talked several times before I dropped him off about making sure to tell Mrs. Robyn & Ms. Cheryl if he needed to use the potty. The whole time he was at school I was worried about how he'd do. He actually did really well... until about 5 minutes before school was out, then he had an accident. But I was super proud of him for staying dry that long!

Thursday he didn't have any accidents at all! At school or home! Friday he did have a #2 accident, but I'm wondering if it's because the Comcast guy was here & he was a little thrown off by that.

We had a long day today, we left the house at 8:30 and didn't get home until after 4:00 and he did great all day! He used the potty while we were out & about and didn't have a single accident!

Though I'm ridiculously excited to put the diaper phase behind us {except for nap & night time}, I have to admit I'm a little sad. My baby's not a baby anymore. He's a big boy now.

Wow, that turned out to be really long. If you stayed through the whole thing... you deserve a badge too!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...