Thursday, March 18, 2010

spring is in the air!

We ventured outside for a bit this afternoon as the weather was nice. Jboy rode his bike, pulled his wagon & played golf in the backyard. I am so looking forward to Spring & warmer weather. It seems that each week we have a couple more days when you can just feel Spring in the air. It's been too long since I posted pics of the youngin' {I can almost hear my parents nodding their heads} so I decided to take the camera out with us.

Look, Mommy! A school bus!


Riding along in my automobile. Errrr.... on my tricycle!


I couldn't get the boy to give a real smile for anything so I guess this will have to do!


Today was parent/teacher conference at Jboy's school. We were very pleased to hear that he's still doing well and will definitely be ready to move up to the 3 year old class next year. Here are some of the comments from his teacher:

Student Strengths: Jonathan is a very bright boy. He does a great job using his manners (yes ma'am, thank you, etc.) He sits attentively during circle time. Jonathan not only recognizes his name, he recognizes all of his friends' names.

I can't even begin to say how happy I am to see this. To know that he's polite & kind to his teachers and friends makes me so proud.

Recommendations: Keep doing what you are doing! Jonathan is doing a great job! You could start talking with Jonathan about words and letters as you see signs, labels, etc. while you are driving, grocery shopping, etc.

This one made me laugh a little. Jboy is always reading letters on signs, buildings, and anything else we come across. You'd think he knows how to read the word "Wal*Mart" because he'll spell it out when we pull in the parking lot & say, that's Wal*Mart. I heard about some books called BOB Books from a teacher/friend at Jboy's school. Apparently they're very good for helping children learn to read. Now, I certainly don't think he's ready to read full on books, but he obviously enjoys finding letters & naming them for us. These might be a fun thing to get to help start the process.

Well, that's all I've got for now.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...