Wednesday, November 10, 2010

how do you make a hankerchief dance?

put a little boogie in it! One of my besties, Rebecca, told this joke one evening after a long day of scrapbooking and I don't think I've ever laughed so hard. Sometimes things just strike you as funny, you know?

Anyway, that's not really what this post is about. Get to the point, you say? Fine.

I came across a fun post this morning by Sophie at BooMama discussing the very important topic of songs that you can't sit still to. I love to dance. Mostly in the comfort of my own home & car (you're welcome) so this got me thinking of the songs that get me going. So... here's a list:

1. "Footloose" by Kenny Loggins :: Seriously. Can you sit still when this comes on? I certainly can't. This song brings back fond memories of a slumber party I had in the third grade where we watched this movie & also held a "talent show" where we impersonated our favorite people. I think I was Michael Jackson.

2. "Rock with You" by Michael Jackson :: Speaking of the King of Pop. He may have been a little strange there towards the end, but no one can deny he was a musical genius. Really, pretty much any song of his could be on this list.

3. "Let's Get it Started" by The Black Eyed Peas :: I had quite the personal dance party in the car to this one very recently. There was a moment or two that I was sincerely hoping there wasn't a hidden camera in my car.

4. "Thinkin' About Something" by Hanson :: I actually heard this song for the first time on BooMama's blog several months ago. It's my happy song right now. In fact, I love it so much, my sister and I are seeing them in concert tonight! I should probably apologize in advance to the other concert-goers for my sweet dance moves.

5. "Hey Ya" by Outkast :: Fabulous! Outkast had several songs a few years ago that I loved.

6. "Baby" by Justin Bieber :: Here's a song that will get stuck in your head for days! Jboy was even singing it out of the blue yesterday. If I was about 20 years younger, I would have quite the crush on young Mr. Bieber.

7. "My Life Would Suck Without You" by Kelly Clarkson :: Ah, our first American Idol! Her "My December" album was a bit of a dud, but there are a lot of great songs on her others. I love her rock sound.

8. "That's Not My Name" by The Ting Tings :: Such a catchy song! I dare you to sit still when you hear it. Not possible, in my opinion.

So, there's my (very incomplete) list of songs that get me moving? I know you have some too. Won't you share?

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

You stole my one and only joke!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...