Saturday, September 09, 2006

Insomnia

I really hope this isn't going to become a normal thing. I'm tired, even sleepy, but I can't seem to go to sleep. My mind is just racing, and my body won't relax. Grrr. I was awake from about 4-5:30 last night/this morning, and now it's happening again. So, what am I doing.... blogging. It's been a few days, and now seems as good a time as any.

I had my 36 week OB checkup today. Everything looks good. My blood pressure was 126/80, which is good, unfortunately according to their scale I gained a few pounds from last week. I'm not really sure how many, but more than one is too many in my book. I wasn't expecting that at all because my scale at home shows I'd actually lost a pound. Oh well, not much I can do about it at this point. I did find out that I tested positive for Group B Strep. According to what I've heard, during class & from the doctor today, it's not really a big deal. Basically they'll just give me antibiotics in my IV during labor to protect the baby. Apparently it's pretty rare for the baby to have any complications from it. I have my next appointment on Wednesday, 9/13. Lets hope it's a good appointment too.

Tomorrow/today is Emily's birthday party. I'll have to get her mom's permission so I can post some pics of her here. Emily has kind of been our "surrogate" daughter pretty much since she was born. I worked with her mom, Amy, at Hitachi several years ago, and when Emily was born, she just stole my heart. We kept her overnight for the first time when she was 3 months old, and have been keeping her pretty regularly since then. She's just the sweetest little thing, she was a great baby, and is a great kid too! I can't believe she's 6 already and just started kindergarten! My, they grow up so fast.

One of my best friends, Rebecca, was in a pretty bad car accident this week. Thankfully she doensn't have any "major" injuries, but she's really sore, and her car is probably totalled. I know she's not looking forward to trying to find another car, but the important part is she wasn't hurt badly. LYLAS!

I guess that's enough for now. I'm going to try watching whatever "crap" is on TV at nearly 1 a.m., and see if that will put me to sleep.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Misti, your sleepless nights are MOTHER NATURE preparing you for the NEW sleepless nights ahead. All pregnant women have those bursts of evergy and cannot sleep right before the baby comes. Your time is near and what a wonderful time at that. Relish every moment. Also the last four weeks of your pregnancy, the baby gains a pound a week! Hope to see you on Saturday! Rest when you can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...