Monday, September 04, 2006

Realization

I had a realization last night, one that should've come some time ago I think, that pretty soon it won't be just Chris and I anymore. While I'm looking forward to this new chapter in our life, more than I can say, I have to admit it made me a little sad to think about it. We've been "a couple" for so long now, being able to concentrate only on each other and take care of each others needs. Things are about to change in a very big way, and it's a little intimidating. I know we'll make every effort to stay attentive to each other & not lose what we've had. We're very blessed that our families are close by, as that will give us plenty of chances to spend some time alone when we need it. And I really plan to take advantage of that, I don't want to lose touch with him. I was his wife long before this baby came into our lives, and I'll be his wife long after the children move out & start theirs. This became a bit of a ramble... sorry about that.

This is completely off topic, but I read this morning that Steve Irwin, "The Crocodile Hunter" was killed today! Click here for the article. I just thought this was so sad, but at least he was doing something he loved. Let's all keep his family in our thoughts & prayers.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Enjoy the quiet moments now. They are so far and few between as ones child (ren) grow. Be pampered, eat what you want, and just enjoy the last moments of being a "Mommy to be"......it is the only time when a Mother has COMPLETE control! Thinking of you in the last few days of your pregnancy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...