Sunday, April 15, 2007

We've gone BANANAS!!!

Today was our first experience with fruit, Bananas. As is obvious by his smiles & wide open mouth, he LOVED them. So far, he seems to like all of the foods we've given him, although he didn't appear to like green beans as much.




Hey Ma, what'd you put in my 'nanners?


I can't believe our little man is 6 months old. He's on the downhill slide to his first birthday! Every day he's changing so much, learning new "tricks". He sits up by himself very well, has finally remembered how to roll from his belly to his back (making my life easier as I don't have to keep flipping him over when he gets mad), and I'm 99.9% sure he's cutting another tooth. I've never seen so much drool. Chris' dad has started calling him "Hooch" from that movie Turner and Hooch with Tom Hanks. He's also very vocal. He "talks" all the time, I sure wish I knew what he was saying. When he's unhappy, not quite crying, but not quite happy either, he talks in this low voice & says, "ya ya ya ya". I think he's getting on to me about something, I'm just not quite sure what.

This cold sure had me whooped yesterday. But thanks to NyQuil and 12 hours of sleep, I felt quite refreshed today. Chris took Jonathan to church with him, and I slept until almost 11! It was wonderful. I finally finished one of the books I was reading, I Know This Much is True, by Wally Lamb. It was pretty good, but man was it LONG. I think it was about 900 pages. I'm not sure I've ever read a book that long before. Now I need to finish the book I'm reading for my online book club, A Prayer for Owen Meany, by John Irving. His writing style is totally different that what I'm used to, so it's taking me some time to get into it. Some of the other ladies have already finished it, and say it's worth sticking with it. I'm used to reading kind of "fluffy" books, not whole lot of substance, but this one's kind of deep. That was one reason I joined the book club though, to branch out and read books I never would have picked up before. So far, that's definitely been accomplished.

Time for bed...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how funny, that last picture is a hoot! What did you put in the nanners?
Love,Gramma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...