Sunday, January 13, 2008

date day

Yesterday Chris and I went on a much needed date day. We dropped Jonathan at his "grammie" & "grumpie"'s house around 11:00 and headed out. We didn't really know what we wanted to do, other than eat at Red Lobster for lunch. The only "date-like" things that we could come up with to do were going to the movies, bowling or miniature golf. There HAS to be more than that, right? Any suggestions for future date days? Anywho. Lunch was great, we hadn't eaten there in a long time and it was quite delicious. Afterwards we decided to go to the movies to see Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. It was pretty good, but I was expecting it to be better. We knew going in that it was a musical, but there was a bit *too* much music in my opinion. Maybe it was just the kind of music. I really enjoy musicals; either movies or *broadway*, so I'm not sure what would have made it better.

After the movie we decided to just head home. I haven't been sleeping well lately & I was so tired! We had rented 28 Weeks Later, so we decided to watch that before we picked Jonathan up. I don't like to watch scary movies when he's around; I just don't like the thought of him hearing all those scary sounds & screams. Is that silly? It turned out to be pretty good and kept me on the edge of my seat.

When we picked Jonathan up Chris' dad was pulling him around on his Thomas the Train toy. Apparently anytime he stopped Jonathan would throw a fit. So, after several minutes of crying I took him into the bathroom & they hid the toy. When he likes something, he likes it, I tell ya.

Last night Chris said I should take something to help me sleep & he'd take care of Jonathan if he woke up. I wasn't going to let that opportunity slip me by. So I took NyQuil & was out by 10:00. I slept so good! Thanks, babe! I don't know what my deal is lately; but I'm back to whenever I try to go to sleep my mind goes into hyperdrive. It makes me crazy! And then, once I do fall asleep my mind still races so I never feel rested. Not good. Maybe last night re-set something & I'll get back to normal.

Well, speaking of sleep, I'd better get to bed. We have Jonathan's 15 month check-up tomorrow, so I'll be sure & post about that. Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...