Sunday, January 27, 2008

So much...

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted last. There's alot to post about, so I think I'll just do a summary:


* First of all, the best news in the world.... Chris' mom is in remission! Praise God!!! She had a PET Scan a couple of weeks ago and it came back clear. All three places are gone! They're going to do four more treatments (including the one she had last week), but then she'll be done. I can't even begin to tell you how happy & relieved we all are. God is amazing, that's for sure!


* As for my weight loss journey, it's still going well. I don't think I've posted my numbers in a couple of weeks; at my 1/16 weigh in I lost 1.8 pounds and last week I lost another 3.8!!! So, that makes my grand total so far 18.4 pounds lost! I'm very happy with the way things are going, now I just need to add exercise to my routine.


* Jonathan has been sick for a few days; poor thing. It began with a runny nose and then he started running a fever. Everytime he has a fever his sleeping gets all messed up. But last night he slept well & in his bed, so hopefully things are getting better.


* Speaking of his sleeping; I'm hoping to start this week working on getting him to go to sleep on his own. I started a terrible habit when he was a baby of rocking him/holding him until he went to sleep & then laying him down. It was just so wonderful to feel him in my arms. But, he's definitely at an age now where he should be able to go to sleep on his own. I've read a couple of books on the subject; "Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems" by Richard Ferber and "Good Night, Sleep Tight: The Sleep Lady's Gentle Guide to Helping Your Child Go to Sleep, Stay Asleep & Wake Up Happy" by Kim West and JoAnne Kenen, but I'm not sure which method to go with. Do any of you have any experience with either of these methods? Do you have any suggestions?


* Yesterday was a great day of scrapping with the girls! I hadn't seen Laurel or Rebecca since late October! That's just not right! We also met up with Sandy, Stephanie and Roxy. I always have so much fun scrapping with my friends. Next Saturday we're going to a Rubber Stamp Show, so that should be fun too.

Well, I think Jonathan is waking up from his nap, so I'd better get going. I'll try not to go so long between posts next time. ;o)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...