Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year

This time of year always inspires people to make changes in their lives; some small, some big. I've never really been one to make New Year's *resolutions* as it seems they are just forgotten before January is even over. I do want to make some changes this year, but I don't want to use the term *resolution*. I haven't quite found the word I want to use yet, but here are a few of the things I want to work on in the coming year:

1. Simplify - We've really been working over the past few weeks at purging unneccessary items from our house. I have a list for each room in the house of things I'd like to get done; most involve purging & organizing what's left. One of my favorite TV shows to watch is Mission: Orginization; I get so motivated to implement some of their techniques in our home.

2. Be Healthier - I've already began my weight loss journey and I just want to continue making better decisions. There are still some changes I'd like to make; drinking more water, begin exercising, and I still need to make better decisions on the food I eat. I screwed up *big time* last night and am just praying it doesn't affect my weigh in tomorrow too badly. Chris and I love to watch The Biggest Loser. I get so motivated watching the progress that the contestants make. I told Chris tonight that I wished I could watch it 24 hours/day because when it's on I feel like I can do anything.

3. Connect - I'd like to make more of an effort to spend one-on-one time with Chris; at least once a month. I always enjoy it when we go on a *date*; we're able to re-connect with each other as a couple and not just as parents. I remember before Jonathan was born how I'd hear about women who'd had a baby & put their husband second. I always said I'd never let that happen, but I'm concerned that I have. I was Chris' wife long before I was Jonathan's mom, and I'll be his wife long after our children have left home. I can't forget that.

4. Domestic *Duties* - I try to keep our house looking presentable as much as possible, however, I know I could do a better job. I'm home all day, but somehow I don't seem to manage to get everything done that I should/could. A few years ago I found a system called Flylady, and it worked really well. I've been working on implementing her system again, and plan to keep it up this time.

Well, another goal I should probably set for this new year is to get in bed earlier. Getting Jonathan down to a more reasonable bed time would help that tremendously. I need to put that on my list too. 'Night all.

2 comments:

LilMargarita said...

Hey Misti,

My mom swears by the Flylady! She is always forwarding stuff to my sis and I with little tips. I just never get around to implementing them.

In one of your goals, you mentioned "your weigh in". Are with something like WeightWatchers? I started LaWeightloss just after Turkey day, and I am supposed to weigh in 3 times a week. But, it is working so far.

LilMargarita said...

Sorry...you probably do not realize who this is. It is Sandy from Laurel's and Archiver's. I am considered the Evil Sisiter. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...