Monday, March 10, 2008

Back on this side of the pond...

Haley got back Saturday night from her trip to England. It sounds like she had a really good time. Go here to check out her pictures: Haley's England pics. As usual she got some great shots. I honestly think she should be photographer; she's that good.

I was a bad, bad girl on Saturday. My food choices left a lot to be desired. Chris' grandmother had promised to make me her fried pork chops when Jonathan was born; and I finally got them Saturday! I did pretty good at first, but then proceeded to eat four rolls!!! This is why I'm on Weight Watchers, because I do stupid things like eat four rolls. Not to mention that for dinner that evening we ordered pizza and I ate three slices! Seriously?! However, I did go for a walk Sunday afternoon to (hopefully) counteract at least some of my transgressions. That's three days this week I've walked; Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday. Needless to say, I'm not expecting great things from the scale this week. But, each day is a new day and I can recommit. Every day.

Speaking of exercising; Chris has started running. He'd decided that he needed to start exercising; to get in shape and to help relieve stress. A couple of weeks ago he'd received a much needed & deserved bonus from his job, so he went & bought himself some running shoes & and iPod. He got up Saturday morning & ran (in the snow!!!) and also ran Sunday afternoon. Right now he's running about 2 miles; and hoping to work up to much more than that. I'm so proud of him for doing this.

We finally made it back to church on Sunday. We visited Lawrenceville Church of God. (I'd post the link but their website is pretty worthless.) Some people that we've met at the Japanese restaurant we eat at every Sunday go there, as do several people Chris knows from ages ago. We went to the 8:30 service; which was EARLY, especially with the time change. I had to get up at 6:30, but it felt like 5:30. No fun. I enjoyed the service, and I'm pretty sure Chris did too. We're going back this Sunday, and will probably attend Sunday School too. I can't remember the last time I went to Sunday School.

I know I need to take some pictures of Jonathan & post them. The weather is supposed to be really nice this week so I'm sure we'll head to the park. I'll make sure & take some while we're out. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...