Tuesday, May 27, 2008

busy, busy, busy

What a weekend!


Friday was great. Scrappin' with the girls then off to see What Happens in Vegas which was hilarious! We laughed so hard throughout the entire movie; I'd highly recommend it. And it's even worth the ridiculous price of $10. We were all of the same mind that since it was 12:25am on Saturday we should've been charged the matinee price since it was technically before 4:00pm. But, no such luck.

Saturday evening Chris & I went to the home of a couple in our Sunday School class for a get together. There were three couples including us & we had a lot of fun getting to know them & playing games. We played Apples to Apples and Catch Phrase. The girls were victorious! I'm so thankful that we've found a church & a great Sunday School class. It's been a long time since I've felt this at home at a church.

Sunday was a lot of fun too. That evening we went to the laser show at Stone Mountain Park with the Clavells. It was quite hot when we got there, but it wasn't too long before the sun went down enough for the temperature to be quite pleasant. The idea of sitting there for a few hours waiting for the show was a bit scary; I wasn't sure how Jonathan would do. I was so proud of him. He never tried to get off the blanket even once! Now, that could've had something to do with the fact that he didn't like the feel of the prickly grass on his bare feet, but whatever the cause I was thrilled! He seemed quite enthralled once the show started & was so cute pointing at the fireworks. I tried to get a picture, but by the time I got the camera ready he'd stopped pointing. Oh well.

I don't know what my deal was yesterday; I was pretty useless. I felt like I could've slept the entire day away and came pretty close to doing so. I guess my body just needed the rest.

I obviously didn't keep up with my food posting this weekend, but overall I didn't do too bad. At the movies Friday night I had originally bought a box of Milk Duds then rethought that decision. I would up exchanging them for a package of fruit snacks. I did a workout with my Walk Away the Pounds DVD today so I'm hoping that coupled with all the walking we did at Stone Mountain on Sunday will offset any shenanigans from the weekend. We'll find out tomorrow I guess.

Well, it's about time to start dinner so I'd better get going. I've got a few pics to post so I may try to do that tonight. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Haley said...

Apples to Apples was a big hit this weekend at Wrockstock. We particularly enjoy picking the most inappropriate ones or the ones that get the biggest reaction.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...