Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I'm ready for fall...

for several reasons. The first being COOL WEATHER. Around this time every year I really start to look forward to fall and the thought of wearing long sleeve shirts & jackets. My two favorite seasons are definitely spring and fall, it's not too hot and it's not too cold, it's perfect.

A few more reasons I'm ready for fall:

Football season! Football means cool weather (see a theme), yelling at the TV, Saturday's & Sunday's planted in front of the tube. I prefer college football, GO DAWGS!, but I also enjoy pro ball. As for my favorite teams, I tend to stick close to home. I try to not miss any Georgia Bulldogs or Atlanta Falcons games. It's only been in the past few years that I've come to enjoy the game, but I definitely look forward to it every year. The Super Bowl is always a great time to get together with friends, as is the SEC Championship game. You just can't beat hanging out in front of the TV with some friends and good snacks! And this year we'll have a new little person to introduce to the sport.


New seasons of your favorite shows. I'd definitely say the one I'm most looking forward to is "Grey's Anatomy". Season three is starting on September 21st, and I'm so excited. This has become my favorite show! I love the drama and the romance, and of course Dr. McDreamy isn't bad either. The second season finale was fantastic, with a couple of great cliffhangers. Dr. Burke was shot & may not have full use of his hand. BIG problem when you're a heart surgeon. Izzie made a bad decision, and as a result, the man that she was in love with, Denny, died. It was so sad! And then of course there's the Meredith/McVet/McDreamy/Addison situation. At the very end of the finale it's Meredith trying to decide who to go with, McVet or McDreamy. (Don't you love the names!) Personally I hope she goes with McDreamy, but I know they have to keep things interesting.

"CSI" also starts on September 21st.... at the same time as "Grey's Anatomy"... which of course brings up a dilemma. Thank goodness for DVR's. Last season's finale wasn't the best. The only "surprise" was that Grissom & Sara seem to have some sort of romantic relationship going on. That's pretty interesting, but I don't know that they'll ever top the finale for the prior season, where Nick gets buried in a box underground. Definitely kept you on the edge of your seat. Chris and I have been watching CSI since day one, and it's one we make sure to see every week.


And lastly, "Survivor". The new season starts on September 14th, and airs on Thursday nights, same as "Grey's Anatomy" & "CSI". Thursday's are by far the best night of television. This will be like the 17th season of "Survivor", and still they manage to make it a little different every time. The drama & the scheming are so much fun to watch! Just under a month to go before we get to see who the new castaways are, and start the guessing game of who's going to win the million.

It seems that the main reason I look forward to fall is television, which of course proves that I watch too much of it. There's a show on just about every night of the week that I make sure not to miss. I'm sure that my priorities will change once the baby's born, and TV won't seem nearly as important, but as long as I can watch these few things, I should be good to go.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...