Monday, August 21, 2006

In case of emergency

you can feel safe in Chris’ presence & mine, thanks to the infant/child/adult CPR class that we took on Saturday. It’s one of those things that you hope to never have to use, but it’s good to have the skills.

Thursday night was our second to last childbirth preparation class. We learned about all of the different interventions and medications there are. It was A LOT of information, but I’m so glad that we have it now. It really kind of drove home for me that I’d like to try to avoid as much of that as possible. Even the medications if I can. I don’t have any grand notions that I’ll definitely be able to do it naturally, but I at least want to give it a try.

It’s hard to believe that on Wednesday we’ll only have 6 weeks left until the baby is due! 6 weeks just sounds like so much less time than even 7 weeks. There’s still a lot to be done, but at least we know that if the baby were to arrive tomorrow, we’re pretty set. We have a place for him/her to sleep, and since I plan on nursing, food is readily available. Our lives are about to change so drastically, I find myself trying to cherish even the smallest things right now. Just sitting around watching TV, or reading a book is going to be harder to do for awhile, but it will all be worth it.

Haley’s been staying with us over the weekend & through at least tonight. She started her new job in Vinings last Monday, and this week she has some orientation. She got the apartment she wanted, so she’ll be moving in this weekend! From the pictures I’ve seen it looks really cute. It has a loft bedroom & a big living room. I think it will be perfect for her. I can’t wait to see it. I won’t be able to see it Saturday when she’s moving in, as I’d already made plans to be cropping all day, but maybe we’ll get to go out there next weekend.

My dad has a job interview here in metro-Atlanta on Friday! I’m so excited because it sounds really promising. If he gets it, they’ll probably wind up moving back to the Marietta area, but that’s so much better than Augusta! It will be so great to have them “nearby” again.

Wow, once again I’ve written a novel. I guess maybe I should try to post more often, then they wouldn’t be so long. Catch ya later!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

six weeks! Wow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...