Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It's August

I can't believe it's August already. Where has this year gone? It constantly amazes me how quickly time passes. It's kind of sad really. 2006 is going to be a great year, but will we remember any of it? I should've been journaling every day things going on during the pregnancy, but I kept telling myself, "I'll remember." Now it's almost over, and I feel like I can't remember much. There are the obvious things I remember; like when we found out I was pregnant with twins but one was ectopic. One doesn't forget things like that. I also remember the first time I felt the baby move. I was actually sitting right here at my desk at work and I was exactly 19 weeks pregnant. It was an amazing feeling. I wish it could be bottled to experience later. I already miss being pregnant. I know once the little one arrives, having him/her here is going to be wonderful, but I'm going to miss feeling the kicks from the inside. It's an awe inspiring feeling. It really makes you wonder at God's blessings, and how he created our bodies to create life.

There is still so much to be done before the baby comes, but I'm trying not to stress about it. I know it will all get taken care of. We start our last set of childbirth preparation classes this week. This class is called "Ready & Able" and lasts 4 weeks. I think we're going to see videos of births, learn relaxation techniques and take a tour of the hospital. I know it's really going to feel real then. When the classes end, we'll only have 6 weeks until the due date! Crazy!

One of these days I'm going to get around to posting some pictures. Maybe some belly shots and pictures of the nursery. I'll try to work on that either tonight or tomorrow night. We'll just have to see how it goes.

Time to go eat lunch!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...