Friday, November 23, 2007

a step in the right direction

Yesterday was a big day around here.... Jonathan took his first steps!!! Can you believe it? My little man is growing up so fast. My dad was determined to teach Jonathan to walk while they were here for the holiday. He said he taught my sister & me, so he was going to teach his grandson too. He'd been doing a little standing on his own already; so all he really needed was some prompting. It didn't take much. Before the day was through he was taking several steps at a time, all by himself! We did get it on video, but the file is too big to upload to YouTube. I'll have to get a little clip with the other camera and post that one.

Our Thanksgiving was great. Pretty low key, actually, which was nice. I was telling Mom today that I forget every year how much I love dressing & gravy until Thanksgiving rolls around. I could probably eat the whole pan of dressing. (I know I haven't emailed those who wanted the recipe yet, I promise I'll do that.)

Today Mom & I worked on making our Christmas cards while Dad watched Jonathan. Unfortunately Chris had to work, so he wasn't able to be with us. Neither one of us were able to finish the cards, but I think we made some good progress. I'm going to try and finish mine this weekend. Although, I really want to get the Christmas decorations up, so the cards may have to wait a bit. We'll see. Part of me is hesitant to put up the decorations because I know I'm going to spend the next month telling Jonathan not to touch the tree & ornaments. Oh well, he's got to learn sometime.

I think we're going to venture out tomorrow to do some Christmas shopping. I have a pretty good idea of a few things we need to get, and I think we can get them all at one mall, so that's good. I know the crowds will probably be crazy, but isn't that part of this time of year?

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?

3 comments:

Zoe said...

yeah for the walking!!! how exciting!

Rebecca said...

He's walking!!! Yay! How exciting!

The Flower Maiden said...

Congrats on your little man walking!! How wonderful! They grow so fast!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...