Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The whole world's a zoo

I just realized I never posted any pictures from the zoo, and since I don't really have anything to talk about today, now seems as good a time as any. Sadly, I wan't able to get any pictures that had Jonathan and animals in them, but I figure y'all don't really care about seeing the animals. Do you? Let me know and I can post some for you.





We pretty much did nothing all day. I had a massive headache pretty much all day & just wasn't feeling 100%. I probably should've eaten more throughout the day, as I think part of the problem was I was hungry. But learning to eat properly again is going to take some time. I need to learn how to spread my points out during the day better. I still stayed within my points though, so we're moving in the right direction. The weekends are what worries me, but I'll just plan to save my *35* weekly points allowance for the weekend so I can have a little more leeway.

Can you believe next week is Thanksgiving? Chris' parents & grandmother and Bevvy are going to be out of town, so my parents and Haley are coming here for the meal. We're going to try and keep it pretty low key considering they'll only be 5 of us, well 5 1/2 if you count Jonathan. ;o) I think we're having all of the usual fixin's, just in smaller quantities; turkey, ham, dressing, green beans, dinner rolls and some sort of dessert. Speaking of dessert, at my WW meeting Monday evening we were talking about Thanksgiving. She had a list posted of the most common foods at Thanksgiving meals. She then had us write down what we thought we'd eat. Next she revealed what the serving size and points value was for each item. For example, 4 oz. of turkey is 4 points, and 4 oz. of ham is 6 points. One of the items that she had listed was sweet potato casserole (or is it souffle? Whichever is the dessert); it was from Paula Deen's recipe. Do you want to take a guess at how many points is in one serving of her dish, which I think is about 1/2 cup? Drumroll please..... *21 points*! That's insanity if you consider that someone like me only gets *29* points for a whole day. Can you imagine? Thankfully, I've never liked that dish, so it won't be tempting me any.

I'm hoping to get the Christmas decorations up soon, maybe this weekend. Usually I wait until Thanksgiving weekend, but with everyone coming here I'd like it to be all pretty. Hmmmm, what are the odds that my family will help us decorate after we eat? We could have a tree trimming party. If I'm not mistaken I tried that last year & no one was interested. C'mon guys, what do you say?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...